In a globalized economy where business corporations are pressed to cut costs while increasing quality, Cyprus is the solution. The combination of tax beneficial provisions coupled with the relatively lower costs of high-level professional services that can be offered; render Cyprus as an attractive investment destination for investors originating from around the world.
KEY POINTS TO NOTE
- EU and Eurozone Member State.
- Strategic geographical location. Cyprus is the closest Eurozone country to the important economic regions of the Middle East, Asia and Africa.
- Simplified, effective and transparent tax regime. Cyprus has the most competitive tax regime within EU with double tax treaties with over 50 countries.
- Highly educated and qualified workforce.
- Top quality services including legal, tax, accounting, audit, business administration and investment.
- Low set up and operating costs.
- Modern and advanced legal system in compliance with EU law.
- Attractive operating environment with advanced transport and telecommunications infrastructure, high- speed internet, two international airports and sea ports.
- Full compliance with EU tax directives and EU Code of Conduct for Business Taxation.
- Implementation of internationally agreed tax standards – part of OECD’s ‘‘white list’’.
- Having entered a successful Economic Adjusment Program only recently , Cyprus shows improvement on its economic indicators marking the recovery of the economy